How to Grade a Turnitin Assignment
When assessing student work, view the Turnitin Similarity report and then return to the Canvas assignment's SpeedGrader to annotate and grade each student's work.
NOTE: Do not attempt to use the Turnitin Feedback Studio to annotate or submit grades
Step 1: Review the Turnitin Similarity Report
- Click on the assignment title to enter the assignment
- Enter SpeedGrader
- Select a student from the SpeedGrader roster dropdown menu
- Click on the Turnitin percentage icon to enter Turnitin Feedback Studio
- Review similarities and adjust filters as needed (e.g., Exclude quotes, bibliography, sources less than a specified word count or percentage).
Step 2: Annotate and Grade Student Work in SpeedGrader
- Return to SpeedGrader in the browser tab that displays the Canvas assignment
- Annotate the student's work
- Add the score in the Assessment Grade box
- Type in the box, Add a Comment ,to add general comments
- Click on the Media Comment icon to make a video recording up to 5 minutes in duration
- Click on Submit and move to another student's work