Apple and Android devices: The free Bluefire Reader app is needed to download GFU library e-books onto mobile devices.
A free Adobe ID account must be created. The Bluefire Reader app will prompt for an Adobe ID login and password to authorize before e-books can be downloaded. If you have not already created a free personal Ebsco account, you will be prompted to do so before you can download an e-book.
Using Amazon's Send to Kindle options, you can send your saved EBSCO eBook pages in PDF format to your Kindle device or Kindle app on iPhone or Android devices, or read them using Kindle for the Chrome browser. For more information, go to Amazon's Send to Kindle page.
"EBSCOhost now automatically displays a mobile version of the site when you are on a smartphone. The mobile interface allows you to search and read results as well as gives full access to search options and MyEBSCOhost folder items. In addition, you can download eBooks from the mobile interface. There’s also an easy way to switch between the mobile-optimized site and the full featured site."
Popular Devices that Are Compatible with EBSCOhost E-book Download include:
To transfer an EBSCO e-book from Adobe Digital Editions to your portable device:
1. Open your downloaded EBSCO e-book on your computer in Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Connect your portable device to your computer.
3. The device will appear under the Bookshelves heading in the column on the left side of the Adobe Digital Editions screen (the device must be authorized with your Adobe ID).
4. Click on the Library view (the icon of bookshelves in the upper left corner) within Adobe Digital Editions. Titles you have downloaded are listed on the right.
5. Drag and drop the title you would like to transfer onto your portable device below the Bookshelves heading. Do not disconnect the device while you are in the process of transferring a title to the device.
6. You will see the file copy to the device. The title is now transferred to the device.