How to Grade an Assignment
Enter an assignment. Select either
In View all submissions the roster of students is displayed, including the Grade button for each student, which will display the individual view for a specific student.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page where you can choose to activate Quick grading. This enables submitting grading and feedback comments on the roster page.
- Be sure to Save all quick rating changes before moving from this page.
In Grade the view of a single student's work is displayed (e.g., uploaded paper, online text submission, etc.)
- The student's work is displayed in the annotation window.
- To the right of the annotation window are sections where the grade and comments are submitted.
- There is also a section where a feedback file can be uploaded and shared with the student.
- In the lower right corner of the Grade window is a navigation bar that provides three views of the Grade display:
- See only the grading sections
- See only the student's work displayed in the annotation window
- See the split view of both the annotation window and the grading sections
- Once grading and feedback is completed Save Changes or Save and Show the Next Student.
- After saving, there is an option to use the dropdown menu, Change User, located in the upper right corner of the Grade window. The dropdown menu displays the list of students. A student can be selected from this list and the Grade window for that student will be displayed.
TIP: Always use the Firefox browser