How to Add an Offline Assignment
The Offline assignment allows you to grade an assignment that requires no submission by the student (e.g., oral presentations, assessment by observation, etc).
- In your course site Turn editing on.
- Click on Add an activity or resource.
- Select Assignment, and then Add.
- Give the assignment a name.
- In the Availability section, we recommend applying a Due Date which will prompt students when the assignment deadline is approaching.
- In the Submission Types
- Uncheck the File submissions box
- Uncheck the Online text box
- In the Grade section adjust the number of points possible. By default assignments are set to a value of 100 points maximum (i.e., the Assignment cannot exceed a value of 500 points possible).
- Save and Return to Course
The assignment is ready for grading and will automatically report points awarded into the course gradebook.
TIP: Always use the Firefox browser.