How to Add an Assignment Drop Box
The assignment File submissions provides a drop box where students can submit files.
- In your course site Turn editing on.
- Click on Add an activity or resource.
- Select Assignment, and then Add.
- Give the assignment a name.
- In the Availability section, we recommend applying a Due Date which will prompt students when the assignment deadline is approaching.
- In the Submission Types confirm that the File submissions box is checked.
- In the Grade section adjust the number of points possible. By default assignments are set to a value of 100 points maximum (i.e., the Assignment cannot exceed a value of 500 points possible).
- Save and Return to Course
The assignment is ready for student submissions and will automatically report points awarded into the course gradebook.
Tip: Always use the Firefox browser