How to Add an Online Text Assignment
The Online Text assignment acts like a private journal between you and each of your students.
- In your course site Turn editing on.
- Click on Add an activity or resource.
- Select Assignment, and then Add.
- Give the assignment a name.
- In the Availability section, we recommend applying a Due Date which will prompt students when the assignment deadline is approaching.
- In the Submission Types
- Uncheck the File submissions box
- Check the Online text box
- In the Grade section adjust the number of points possible. By default assignments are set to a value of 100 points maximum (i.e., the Assignment cannot exceed a value of 500 points possible).
- Save and Return to Course
The assignment is ready for student submissions and will automatically report points awarded into the course gradebook.
TIP: Always use the Firefox browser